Our Retro Bungalow

Our Retro Bungalow
The journal of the making of an old house into a lovely new home.

Monday, November 9, 2015

October Part III - Stumps, Holes and Painted Skirts

As far as work around here goes,
we actually got a little of that done 
in October.
I gotta say, though, that
we certainly are enjoying the slower pace
this autumn season has gifted us with.

Not long after returning home from our road trip,
Dean cut down the last two trees in the front yard.
 
The man sure does love his chainsaws.
He cut those old and ragged Quaking Aspens up, stacked the logs on
the side of the road in front of the house and in two days
they'd been carried off by some unknown someone,
presumably for firewood.
That's exactly what we had in mind.

Not long after we bought the tractor,
he dug out all the stumps in the front yard
(five, I think)
and a few others up t'ward the top of our property.


I can't really say that he's been "working" when
 he's out on the tractor digging up stumps.
The other night when Mr & Mrs Brunty stopped by,
I heard him say to Joe,
"Man, diggin' holes is SO MUCH FUN on that thing!"
He and I were talking later about the future retaining wall that needs
to be built out front and how we got a bid from a contractor to excavate
and form it for us for what we thought was an outrageous price.
That conversation ended with Dean saying...
"With the tractor, we don't have to hire anyone. I can do all of it myself.
AND I get to have fun!"
Like I said...
It's a tool for the man and it's a toy for the boy that lives inside him.

He got the skirting on the front porches put up.
I got 'em caulked and painted.

The house feels so cozy and homey inside what-with all the Autumn decor.
Sure wish y'all could come on by.
I've even got ginger-molasses cookies in the cookie jar!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to check in.
As always, we appreciate your support and encouragement.
Goodnight and God Bless.