Our Retro Bungalow

Our Retro Bungalow
The journal of the making of an old house into a lovely new home.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Beehive Buzz - Queen's Release

A quick update on the Queen -
When I approached the hive this morning, my heart sank.
I saw not even the slightest hint of activity.
It's been cold and I instantly thought my hive had suffered,
but when I removed the top feeder,
I was relieved and delighted to see plenty of activity.
I hadn't checked on things since removing the plug from our queen's
chamber and replacing it with the mini marshmallow;
partly because we've been busy, but also because
I don't want to be too much of an interruption to the new, establishing colony
by constantly getting in their business.
Good news....
the queen's chamber was empty!

This is such an exciting experience!

Oh, and have I showed you my new outfit yet?


 I had a stowaway come into the trailer with me this morning...


I'm confident she'll find her way back to the hive.
Bees are really smart like that.

Happy Friday!