Our Retro Bungalow

Our Retro Bungalow
The journal of the making of an old house into a lovely new home.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Beginning of Bringing Down the Brick

We've begun tackling the brick walls of the garage.
And I'm not gonna lie...
it's  a bit daunting.
There are so many bricks.
And they've all got to be individually cleaned so we can reuse them.
UGH
But we are not quitters.
Besides,
that's not really an option now, is it.

Mr Mossi loosens them and tosses 'em down,
being careful not to let them land on each other 
because we don't want to break any.

I gather them up and stack 'em.
Mr Mossi apologized for me having the hardest job,
but I'd rather be doing that than be up on the ladder.
He came down and helped me stack them anyway.
This photo is just the start of what was stacked tonight.


This is how far we got tonight before it was time to clean up.
We won't be able to work on it again til Saturday because
we have the missionaries coming for dinner tomorrow and
a wedding reception to attend after that.
And on Friday evening we've been invited to a BBQ 
at our new friends, Kyle & Machel's home.

Things are going well.
We both have tendinitis in our right elbows.
I've decided I need to break down and wear a knee brace.
(almost dislocated again this evening) 
And my skin is a bit dry from showering twice a day.
But, we are happy and still excited about 
our Bungalow project.

Thanks for stoppin' by.

Now, if you'll excuse me,
I'm goin' to bed.
So tired.
Goodnight